Amalgam (Mercury) Removal

Amalgam is an alloy of mercury with various metals used for dental fillings.  It commonly consists of 50% mercury, ~22-32% silver, ~14% tin, ~8% copper and other trace metals.  Mercury is a known Neurotoxin, even very small quantities can have an adverse affect on your health.

Safe amalgam removal is extremely important to our dental practice.  As a dental office, we are required to safely store and send excess amalgam materials to a toxic waste facility yet it is permissible to place this material in your teeth.

We have not used amalgam filling materials in 26 years. We follow the IAOMT protocol for safe removal and proper disposal of amalgam fillings.

To replace amalgam fillings Dr. Edwards uses an aesthetically pleasing composite resin. The composite resin is a tooth colored filling material that results in your teeth looking natural. If a composite resin filling is not appropriate, an all-ceramic laboratory restoration will be fabricated.

iaomt-logoFor more information regarding the protocol on safely removing amalgam, visit the IAOMT website.

www.iaomt.com

Are you ready to have your mercury amalgam fillings removed?

Here’s a questionnaire to help you decide.   Medical Symptoms Questionnaire